Saturday 23 October 2010

Alice's Adventures In Wonderland



Alice in Wonderland is a novel first published in 1865 by Lewis Carroll. The story is about a girl named Alice who falls down a rabbit hole into a strange and peculiar world, inhabited by talking animals and strange characters.

Since its release, Alice in Wonderland has influenced hundreds of responses and imitations across varying media. When I first thought about making a platform game, I wanted to respond to Alice in Wonderland, because of its unusual cast and environments. I want my protagonist (whose name I have not thought of yet) to also exit their own, ordinary world, and fall into a mysterious and nonsensical land.

Most people are familiar with John Tenniel’s famous illustrations of Alice and Wonderland, so instead I am going to research some lesser known artists who have created Alice in Wonderland visuals. I will mostly be looking for very feminine representations of the book, in order to aid my game idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment